Custom Search

Friday, August 29, 2008

Is Wine Investment for Me?

At INVESTFAIR '08, they tried to talk me into Wine Investments. They claim it is better than fixed deposits, can earn more than 10% per annum or more for longer term investments. Now they keep sending me emails and asked me whether I'm interested.

I don't drink wine, don't appreciate or understand wine, its value or valuation. So I shall not take the risk.

If you are interested and want to find out more, there is a section in ShareInvestor website on Australian Wine Index Investment Education.

There you can read about the following:

  1. What is an investment wine?
  2. Why invest in Australian Fine Wine?
  3. What are the risks?
  4. Where to go for advice? And More

Click here to read more.

Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Fullerene said...

I applaud the author's good sense. Wine investments are highly speculative -even if you limit yourself to 'first growths'. Wine investments do not pay a dividend. They require climate control, insurance, and security (translation: expensive to own). Auction houses love to add new rules to restrict the number of consignments they will accept. A decade ago, you needed to show proof of temperature controlled storage. Today, you need 12 bottles plus an original wooden case (owc) to get your 'first growth' into a top auction house. Single bottles tend to wind up at internet auctions, where the prices are usually lower, reflecting the risk of unknown provenance. I have been a wine investor for the past 10 years, and I write about it on my wine investment blog [url]http://winecharts.blogspot.com/[/url].

DISCLAIMER: All contents in this blog are for educational and informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice regarding the purchase or sale of stocks or any other investments. Please consult with your financial advisor before making an investment decision regarding any mentioned investments.
I assume no responsibility for your trading and investment results.
Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template